Friday, November 25, 2011

Tangled Tides by Karen Amanda Hooper Review



Tangled Tides was one of my most anticipated books this year, and I am so glad it did not disappoint! From the opening chapter, the book jumps right into the action. Yara becomes a mermaid early on, and a whole new magical world beneath the sea is unveiled.
The mythology of this book was rich, refreshing, and a well-needed break from vampires, werewolves, and fallen angels. None of those here, but there are mermaids, selkies, sirens, and gorgons (even a water sprite or two), and learning the back stories and rules for each species, as well as how the different species interact with each other, was one the things most interesting to me about the book. And another thing - it’s difficult to choose which creature I liked the most. I loved them all!
The characters were also unique and fully fleshed out. You’ll cheer for Yara, our heroine, the girls will swoon over Treygan, and Pango will make you laugh. I loved each one of these uniquely amazing characters.
And the surprises! Filled with secrets, these characters are part of a feud that has lasted for eighteen years, and the complex web of lies and secrets that each character is a part of unravels as the novel progresses. You’ll probably gasp a time or two…I know I did.
So definitely read Tangled Tides, especially if you’re a fan of warring supernatural creatures, but you’re tired of the vampires and the werewolves. But also, give it a try if you’re looking for a great story filled with romance, adventure, and shocking twists.

1 comment:

  1. I swear I thought I commented don this on Friday. What happened? lol.

    Thanks so much for celebrating with me! :)
    And thanks for the kind words about my book. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete